Church Staff and Wardens
Priests-in-Charge Visiting Priest
Susan Grygiel, Secretary
Chuck Fuller, Organist/Choir Director
George Talbot, Sr. Warden
Karen Huddleston, Jr. Warden
History of Grace Episcopal Church in Pine Bluff
On Trinity Sunday, 1959, at Trinity Episcopal Church in Pine Bluff, Ark., it was announced that land had been purchased for a new Episcopal mission to be established in the southwest part of the city. On July 1 of that year, a meeting was called by the Rev. Theodore P. Devlin asking all who were interested in this mission to attend. Between 20 and 30 people were there, and there was a lot of excitement about this new venture. Those interested met about every two weeks, and on August 13, 39 adults signed a petition to become a mission congregation of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Arkansas.
September 1, 1959Grace Episcopal Church Mission, Pine Bluff, was organized at Trinity Parish Hall with the Rev. T. P. Devlin, Rector of Trinity Church, as organizing priest.
|July 1, 1959||Twenty-one people, with the Rev. Ralph Leach, Jr., met at the home of Dr. and Mrs. Boyce Alford to organize a mission in SW Pine Bluff on property already purchased.|
|August 13, 1959||Thirty-nine communicants (with 49 children) signed an application for permission to organize a mission.|
|August 27, 1959||Bishop accepted application to organize.|
|September 6, 1959||First Service of worship of Grace Church Mission was instructed Morning Prayer, held in a rented house at 1812 Cherry St., with 54 present.|